We can’t remember the last time there was a tech topic that was so hot, but that so few people truly have a firm grasp on. You see “Internet of Things” and “Smart Home” tossed around left and right, but do you really know what this new market involves? Do you know what it takes to make your home smart?
Odds are good that you’ve been intrigued by things you’ve read, but also intimidated by the sheer volume of products out there, none of which seem to work with each other. Well, the BGR Deals team is here to help, and the Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit is an affordable first piece of the puzzle that will have your home connected in no time.
A few highlights from the product page:
- Get immediate alerts on your smartphone if there’s unexpected entry or motion in your home
- Secure dangerous, valuable or off-limit areas of your home
- Control lamps, electronics or small appliances
- Trigger lights to automatically turn on when there’s motion and turn off when people leave
- Pair the included video-ready Samsung smartthings hub with a compatible camera to keep an eye on things
- Z-Wave Certification ID: ZC10-15090005
And what’s not included in that list of bullet points is this: the SmartThings hub is compatible with just about anything you’d ever want to connect to it, so this really is the perfect starting point that will let you build out in any number of directions.
Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit: $199.00 with free Prime shipping
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web