Hoverboards are definitely the newest fad in gadgets, although many of them have also proven themselves to be very prone to catching fire. YouTuber BuleBritish recently posted an unboxing video of a new hoverboard that ended in disaster after it caught fire within seconds of being turned on.

RELATED: Chinese hoverboard market in chaos after Amazon demands they stop exploding

The initial unboxing of the device went well enough, as its owner managed to take it out of the box without it catching fire. It was only when he brought it outside and decided to take it for a test run that the trouble started.

He got on top of the device and tried to start it up by tilting it forward, but nothing happened:

Screenshot (92)

Something was happening, however — something bad. He kept trying to tilt the device forward because he figured he was doing something wrong. At this point, smoke started coming out of it:

Screenshot (93)

And suddenly… KABOOM:

Screenshot (94)

He then does something very unwise by trying to pour water onto an electrical fire, though thankfully this didn’t seem to make matters worse:

Screenshot (95)

At any rate, this hoverboard is now completely toast, with no hope of recovery. Check out the whole video for yourself below.

View Comments