This has been a terrific week for paid iPhone and iPad apps that were made available for free for a limited time, and some apps in our last post can still be downloaded for free if you move quickly. We’re finishing the week even stronger though, with 10 paid iOS apps worth a combined $23 that can all be downloaded for free right now. As always, be sure to act fast if you see anything you like because these sales could end at any time.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Too many people out there don’t take the sun’s potentially harmful rays seriously, and it can lead to big problems down the road. This simple app is here to help fix that.
Check Your UV Index!
‘UVmeter’ will tell you UV Index at your current location.
It helps protect you from UV exposure by providing an hourly UV forecast for anywhere in the World.
You can see recommended protection, required equipment, sunblock information and sunburn times.
The UVI is an international, scientific measure of the level of Ultraviolet radiation from th sun.
– UV Index information by Wunderground.com
UVMeter is typically $0.99 but it’s free right now.
It might not be the prettiest app in the App Store, but there’s no easier way to share your location with a friend.
Have you ever appointed with friend, described your location but unable to explain where are you exactly? This app is here to help you. Please download the app, push “SMS Your Location” button and a Google Map link will be sent to your friend. The recipient will see your location on the Google Map in web browser and it works on any smartphone connected to the Internet.
Similarly, when you cannot understand your friend location, you can sms the application iTunes link, your friend downloads the app (it’s very lightweight and can be downloaded on cellular network) and sends you the Google Map link with his/her location. You’ll find each other once saw the location on Google Map.
We wish you happy “locating” each other!
Find Me is a good deal at $0.99, but free is even better.
This app could very well be a cyclist’s best friend.
You can view the full list of compatible devices on the LiveCycling website.
Your iPhone will turn into an high quality Cycle Computer!
What LiveCycling can do:
– Display the Heart rate and Speed/Cadence data in real-time
– Display the chart of Heart rate and Speed/Cadence data in real-time
– Register multiple bicycles and save each sensor and odometer
– Log Speed, Cadence, Heart rate and GPS
– Display the training log on the MAP
– Display the chart of the training log
– Display KML maps
– Display the total travel distance
Launch LiveCycling and go for a bike ride!
This app is on sale for free, down from $2.99.
We’ve featured ProCam 2 on the site before, and now it’s free again for a short time.
– Single Shot with Intelligent HDR feature
– Night Mode with timer option
– Anti-Shake with adjustable sensitivity (High / Medium / Low)
– Burst mode with adjustable image quality (Full / VGA) and shot counter
– Sound Snap
– Face Detection with auto shooting option
– Big Button (Screen Shutter)
– Level Mode – iPhone 4S and later only
– Video with zoom, pause, ability to take stills, and audio meter
– Level Video – iPhone 4S and later only
– Slow motion video with 4 playback speed options – iPhone 5 and later only
– Time Lapse with the ability to add an audio track from iTunes music library
– 17 live lenses: Vignette / White Vignette / Fisheye / Tilt Shift / Macro / Tiny Planet / Wormhole / Split / Kaleidoscope I, II, III, IV, V / Ripple / Striped / Hatched / Halftone – iPhone 4S and later only
– 40 live filters: 32 expertly crafted, retro themed filters + Apple’s 8 iOS 7 standard filters – iPhone 4S and later only
– Full focus and exposure control (touch focus / touch exposure)
– Two fingers tap to separately control focus & exposure
– Focus, exposure & white balance (WB) lock
– Manual exposure compensation (-2 – +2 stops) – iPhone 4S and later only
– Manual white balance compensation (3,500 – 9,500 Kelvin / candlelight – shade) – iPhone 4S and later only
– Manual saturation control (0 – 2) – iPhone 4S and later only
– Adjustable image resolution (Full / High / Medium / Low)
– Adjustable aspect ratio (4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1)
– Adjustable JPEG compression quality (100% / 90% / 80%)
– Lossless TIFF format – iPhone 4S and later only
– Manual shutter speed/exposure time control (1/8 sec / 1/4 sec / 1/2 sec / 1 sec)
– Video pause/resume functionality
– Adjustable video resolution (Full HD: 1080p / HD:720p / VGA: 640×480 / Low:480×360)
– Adjustable video frame rate (30 fps / 24 fps / 15 fps / 5 fps)
– User defined video frame rate (1-30 fps)
– Still photo capture during video recording
– Realtime video stabilization (can be turned ON/OFF)
– Video disk space counter
– Time lapse video resolution (Full HD: 1080p / HD:720p / VGA: 640×480 / Low:480×360)
– True slow motion video mode with 4 playback speeds (Max fps / 30 fps / 24 fps / 15 fps)
– 6x digital zoom
– Realtime 6x digital video zoom
– Video audio meter (Avg. / Peak signal levels)
– Geo location tagging
– Alignment grids (Thirds / Trisec / Golden / Horizon)
– Front / Back camera support
– Photo date stamp
– Photo time stamp
– Photo location stamp
– Photo Copyright stamp
– Video / time lapse date stamp
– Video / time lapse location stamp
– Video / time lapse Copyright stamp
– Time lapse audio track from iTunes music library
– Flash settings (Auto / On / Off / Torch)
– Front camera flash
– Quick launch notification
– snappgrip support
– Nondestructive editing – all edits, including cropping, are completely amendable / reversible
– 40 filters: 32 expertly crafted, retro themed filters + Apple’s 8 iOS 7 standard filters
– 17 lenses: Vignette / White Vignette / Fisheye / Tilt Shift / Macro / Tiny Planet / Wormhole / Split / Kaleidoscope I, II, III, IV, V / Ripple / Striped / Hatched / Halftone
– 19 comprehensive adjustment tools
– Cropping, rotating, mirroring, and straightening tools
– iPhone 4S and later only
ProCam 2 is normally $0.99 but it’s free right now.
Simple name, simple lists app.
Simple, elegant, sophisticated…Q (kyoo): the definitive task manager for iPhone and iPod touch combining a beautiful, clean, uncluttered design with feature-rich functionality. You will never need another reminder, to do list, or shopping list app again!
Q (kyoo) was created out of frustration with the hundreds of to do list apps on the App Store that are either (1) beautiful but superficially simple, (2) have terrible user interfaces, or (3) are overly complex with far too many settings and seldom-used features. Q (kyoo) – based on the phonetic spelling of queue (an ordered list of tasks waiting to be performed) and cue (a reminder to do something) – combines unparalleled simplicity with uncompromising functionality.
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication”…Leonardo da Vinci
•No ugly toolbars or buttons wasting precious screen real estate
•No dizzying array of text entry and details screens
•No user account or login required
•Simple, one-handed gesture-based interface for use “on the go”:
-Tap on group or task to expand/collapse to view/hide details
-Tap and hold on expanded group or task to edit title
-Tap and hold on collapsed group or task to drag and re-order
-Swipe right on task to mark done
-Swipe right on group to remove completed tasks
-Swipe left on group or task to delete
-Swipe right from the screen edge to reveal settings
•Add subgroups and subtasks to tasks…great for shopping lists
•Recurring tasks with finite and infinite end date
•Reminders based on relative or absolute date and time
Q is on sale from its usual $1.99 price tag.
Complex name, simple recorder app.
MP3-Recorder – MP3 Meeting Recorder & Dictaphone App. Get this voice memo & meeting recording app today. Record directly to MP3 for as long as you & share the recording with your friends at the touch of a button. Get this MP3 Meeting Recorder app now.
Get MP3-Recorder – MP3 Meeting Recorder & Dictaphone App today!
Add memo’s, notes, videos & photos to your audio recording in second with this useful app. With MP3-Recorder – MP3 Meeting Recorder & Dictaphone app you will never need another sound app again.
1, Direct recording MP3 audio format – minimum file size, and can share to any platform.
2, Long recording – you can have unlimited recording time
3, Interrupted to continue
7, iCloud – Any recording can be Move into iCloud or Removed from iCloud.
8, Archive – Recordings can be compressed into a zip file for sharing.
9, Video – Recordings and photos can be made for video sharing.
Get MP3-Recorder – MP3 Meeting Recorder & Dictaphone App today!
This app is a tough sell at $4.99, but it’s a no-brainer for free.
Why should your phone sit idle and be useless all day while you’re working at your desk?
The best desktop clock! Free today only, with AppSaga.com and the AppsGoneFree app. Please rate the app :)
Don’t leave your iPhone asleep on your desk, put it to good use. Plug it in and use this App. Not just a clock, Work Time is your second screen. The time, date, calendar, your schedule of upcoming events, and current weather conditions all at a glance.
Insanely simple to use. Elegant in its execution. Incredibly useful.
Weather and short term forecast powered by Forecast.io from the team that made the “DARK SKY” app. Never get caught off guard by the rain again.
– All new for iOS 7.
– Large easy to read clock.
– Current month and date.
– Scrollable list of all your upcoming events.
– Tap on event to edit and delete.
– Tap on small + to add new events.
– Current weather and short term forecast. (powered by Forecast.io).
– Never get bored with over 10 different styles and colors to choose.
– Dock it any way you want, it supports landscape and portrait orientation.
– iPhone 5 optimized.
I wanted this app but could not find its equivalent in the app store, so I made it for myself. Now I use it every day at work. Give it a try. You will not be disappointed.
Translated into over 30 languages. Including English, Spanish, Russian, French, German, Italian, Turkish, Chinese, Swedish, Thai, Portuguese, Dutch, Korean, Japanese, Danish, Finnish, Vietnamese, Malay, Indonesian, Hindi, Greek, Arabic, Hungarian, Hebrew, and more.
Normally $1.99, Work Time is free (again) for a limited time.
Paint FX is a nifty little image editor with some common tools as well as some unique features.
— Apply filters, effects, colors, enhancements, adjustments or edit your photos any way, anywhere you want selectively in specific areas with the swipe of a finger. Dont need to change the full photo anymore
— Complete new user interface for iOS 7
— Featured as “App Store Essentials (for) Camera & Photography”, overall “New and Noteworthy” app and “Staff Favorite” –
— Paint FX Community to be inspired with and inspire. —
— Compete in Challenges and share your creations for Top Ranks —
— Several Apps in one: Colorizer, Color Splash, Image Blender, HDR, Sketch, Cartoonizer… and many more with custom options, layering giving you infinite options. One stop photo editing, like photoshop in your hands —
— Tag with #paintfx on Instagram —
With Paint FX you have a possibility to let your photos express your emotions and tell your own story. Choose from ton of effects and filters and apply them at any part of the image with a simple touch of your finger. Indulge your creativity and share it with the world!
Paint FX is the first app ever that gives you the ability to decide whether you want to adjust your whole picture, or just a certain part of it. And don’t just stop at one effect – Paint FX also allows you to apply multiple effects on top of each other. Whether you are looking to add just a little bit of flair or completely re-imagine what’s possible with your photos, Paint FX is for you.
-THE LARGE COLLECTION OF FILTERS AND PHOTO EFFECTS –
Loads of filters and effects, including Sketch, Hue, Cartoonize, and Threshold to easily turn your photos into professional looking pieces.
-100% CUSTOMIZABLE EFFECTS-
Customize each effect and apply as many effects as you want on the one picture. Control Brightness, Contrast, and Saturation with pinpoint accuracy.
Fully customizable brush and powerful zoom to work with details. Give your photos a catchy look by converting them in white and black and highlighting the particular parts in color.
Apply effects to the whole image or just to the chosen part of it.
Undo any number of accidental brush strokes or completely erase backgrounds for a brilliant studio-style portrait photo.
-RICH SHARING CAPABILITIES-
Share your images on Facebook, Flickr, Twitter or send via email or submit to Paint FX Community from within the app. Inspire and Be Inspired.
– CHALLENGE & COMPETE –
Participate in Photo Challenges. Score Points & Compete for Top Honors.
Create amazing photos with a few taps. Have fun, by giving yourself a tan or changing the color of your hair and clothes. No special knowledge required.
High-resolution photos support. Work in landscape or portrait orientation.
Give your photos a splash with just a few taps!
– Watch a video demo at: bit.ly/paintfx-demo-
This universal app is normally $2.99 but it’s free for a limited time.
Buying or selling a house can be insanely complicated and difficult, but this app can make it slightly less painful.
Buying and selling property are two of the biggest transactions most of us will make in our lives.
HouseAssist can help.
Help choosing a property
– Compare potential properties using a library of over 25 criteria
– Choose how important each criteria is to you
– Add and modify the built in criteria to suit your needs
– Take it with you when doing viewings and use the built in camera support
– See an overall winner and view pros and cons for each property
– Avoid common pitfalls
– Buying: Help with moving – who to notify, what to arrange
– Selling: Preparing your property for sale; Getting ready for a viewing; Receiving an offer; What to do if it’s not selling
Built in help and tutorial, as well as online videos on our website, make using the App easy. Share your work with others via AirDrop or email. Print or email results in PDF format.
We are committed to supporting our users and will be listening to feedback through the website and on twitter. Check our website for free assistants which automatically download into the App!
Normally $1.99, HouseAssist is free right now.
Morse Code Generator
With all of these creative new messaging apps popping up every day, why not stop for a moment to pay homage to one of the first long-range messaging technologies?
Morse Code Generator translates your message to morse code message with audio.
This app probably isn’t worth it’s standard $2.99 price tag, but it might be fun to play with for a few minutes for free.