What a week it has been for iPhone and iPad apps. We’ve shared more than $60 worth of paid iPhone apps this week that all went on sale for free for a limited time, and now we’re finishing out the week on a high note. BGR has dug through all of the various apps that have gone on sale over the past few hours and hand-picked the six best iPhone and iPad apps. Want them for free? You’d better move fast because as always, these sales could end at any time.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Want to quickly and easily find awesome nearby places no matter where you are? Want to stalk the people around you on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social networks? In either case, this is the app for you.
Location Browser for your iPhone
Localscope is a window to your world that lets you explore your surroundings like never before. Discover and find places, people and information around you using geo-tagged data from multiple local search engines, social networks, media sharing services and other apps.
• Named the best iPhone Navigation app in the App Store Rewind 2011
• Featured by Apple as Editors’ Choice, App of the Week, Staff Favorites, What’s Hot
• Explore geo-tagged information and media around you aggregated from diverse services
• Intuitive dashboard view lets you see everything thats immediately around you from all of Localscope’s sources
• Search for anything around you and view results simultaneously from all sources
• Browse your search results in an amazingly intuitive list view with realtime direction pointers and distance meters
• Lay the results out on the map or look through the state of the art augmented reality view to spot the results in the real world
• Flick through results from different services and experience them side-by-side using the intuitive source slider
• Get rich information about places including informative badges for ratings, checkins, likes and more
• Navigate and get directions to your results, call them directly or store them to your address book in a tap
• Add geo-tagged reminders for any location and choose to get push notifications on arrival or departure from the proximity of the location
• Share your findings with your friends using Messages, Email, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or Sina Weibo
• Explore detailed information about a result using the in-app browser or open it into a linked native app
• Explore any part of the world by setting it as your virtual location
• See POIs laid out on a map on connected car receiver HUDs or other supported secondary displays. Even works with the AppleTV over Airplay Mirroring
• Works worldwide – Explore your location wherever you are
• Supports 21 languages
Localscope currently aggregates information from the following services:
• iOS Reminders
• Yellow Pages Australia
Localscope is a beautifully designed iPhone app that’s normally $2.99, but it’s free for a limited time.
This app does one thing and it does it well: It lets you add an SLR like “bokeh” background blurring effect to your photos.
‘Bokeh’ helps you to create Photos of Fantasy within seconds!
It provides two major functions for your enjoyment:
– Blur & Highlight: Depth of field is the amount of distance between the nearest and farthest objects that appear in acceptably sharp focus in a photograph. This app helps you add depth of field effect to pictures. It lets you highlight the designated area and make your photo looks more layered!
– Light Effects: It let you add colorful light effects to your photos by touching. It’s very easy to use. I can only say they are perfect to create the coolest photos.
Bokeh is regularly just $0.99, but free is always better than $0.99.
Dayflow is a beautiful goal-based to do app that might make you more productive than you’ve ever been before.
* Create duration based goals for every activity (EX: i want to read for one hour every Monday and Wednesday)
* Get smart suggestions of the best things to do through the day (EX: do more of reading and do a little of watching TV )
* Visualize your efficiency over the week with nice chart and simple statements (EX: you did too much of work but did fair of reading)
NOTE: the day remaining time is calculated based on your local time zone, make sure to adjust it in settings -> general -> date & time -> time zone
Normally $2.99, Dayflow is free for a short while.
We’ve covered Living Planet once before in this series but if you missed it, now’s your chance to grab it for free.
For the first time ever, on any platform, you can now create jaw-dropping tiny planet videos!
– Transform your videos into living, breathing tiny planets
– Photos are also supported
– Choose the wormhole option for an inverted effect
– 6 manipulation tools (Rotation / Alignment / Size / Blend Angle / Blend Direction / Bulge)
– 40 expertly crafted filters
– Pre- and post-transform cropping tools
– Add music tracks to your videos
– Pause video processing at any time and as often as necessary to make adjustments
– Monitor video processing frame-by-frame
– Universal app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
– From the creators of ProCam, Stackables and PhotoFusion
Visit our Instagram feed @livingplanetapp for demo videos and photos.
Maximum output resolution is 2000×2000 (4MP) for photos and 640×640 for videos.
Living Planet uses advanced algorithms to convert frames on the pixel level into stereographic projections. This, combined with our state-of-the-art blending technique achieves in seconds what would take hours to produce manually in Photoshop for a photo, while videos are transformed in minutes. All devices running iOS 7 are supported, but processing times vary.
Living planet is usually a $0.99 download, but right now it’s free.
How to Tie a Tie
Not everyone wears a suit every day so when the occasion arises, tying a tie can be a pain. This nifty app makes it incredibly easy thanks to animated 3D imagery and good instructions.
The proper knot on your tie, nicely and correctly tied — is that a problem for you? The “How to Tie a Tie — 3D Animated” app will turn this problem into a pleasure. There is a tie knot for any occasion and for any taste: wide or narrow, large or small, symmetric or asymmetric, necktie or bowtie. The descriptions of the knots will tell you everything about their shapes, sizes, virtues and drawbacks. The 3D Animated step-by-step instructions are wonderfully easy to follow: you don’t have to rack your brain about special symbols and schemes with arrows — the instructions are animated! Just watch the animation and copy every move. You may repeat the animation of each step to make sure you’ve done no mistake, and short text tips will be helpful if something still stays unclear. Spare your time and nerves! 12 essential tie knots will always be at hand in your mobile device, and you will look stylish in any situation.
With our app you will learn such knots as:
— Windsor knot
— Half-Windsor knot
— Four-in-Hand Knot
— Pratt knot
— Oriental knot
— Plattsburgh knot
— Cavendish knot
— Kelvin knot
— St. Andrew knot
— Victoria knot
— Hanover knot
— Bow tie knot
How To Tie a Tie is normally $1.99 but right now it’s free.
Keep track of all your favorite shows in this gorgeous app.
Because we love TV Shows.
iShows is the best way to manage and keep track of your favorite TV Shows.
– An incredible and innovative way to keep your TV Shows sorted out. Trust iShows, you’ll always get the next episode you need to watch.
– Two different layouts (Poster and FanArt) to browse all your TV Shows.
– Two themes: Light and Dark with six different highlight colors… Which one you like most?
– Customize the look of your TV Shows by changing the FanArt and Poster covers. Also in gorgeous full screen. Get rid of the same boring ones! Save your favorite TV Shows artwork straight to your device!
– Notifications: Let iShows tell you when the next episode of your favorite TV Show airs.
– Gesture Driven Interface. Find out how easy and fast is to navigate the app! Discover those tiny subtle things. Devil is in the details…
– Find what TV Shows are currently trending.
– Brand new way to share the episodes you see or the shows you like with your friends. Just look what’s being shared on Twitter or Facebook and add new shows with just one click.
– Mark multiple episodes as watched by long pressing the last of them.
– All your shows are automatically backed up in iCloud, so you will never lose them!
– Archive TV Shows you already finished watching or those ones you plan on watching in the future.
– And many more features…
Get all your favorite TV Shows in the palm of your hand with iShows. With a beautiful, fast and fluid Gesture Driven Interface, iShows is the definitive app to manage all your TV Shows. Don’t look any further.
REMEMBER, this app is meant to keep track of your favorite TV Shows.
You CAN’T VIEW episodes within this app.
iShows is typically $2.99, but right now it’s completely free.