AT&T (T) on Tuesday announced that it will launch the HTC One on April 19th and pricing will start at $199.99. The carrier will sell two different versions of HTC’s (2498) new flagship smartphone, a 32GB version for $199.99 and a 64 GB model that will cost $299.99 with a two-year contract, and preorder availability will begin on April 4th. Key specs include a quad-core 1.7GHz processor, a 4.7-inch full HD display, 2GB of RAM and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. BGR reviewed the HTC One earlier this week and said it was the best Android smartphone we’ve ever tested. AT&T’s full press release follows below.
UPDATE: Sprint (S) announced HTC One launch details shortly after AT&T on Tuesday morning. The One will be available for preorder from Sprint beginning April 5th and it will launch on April 19th. Pricing will start at $199.99 for the 32GB model and Sprint’s press release has been added below.
HTC One Arrives at AT&T April 19 Starting at $199.99
Pre-Sales Begin April 4
Dallas, Texas, April 02, 2013
Beginning April 19, AT&T* plans to offer the highly-anticipated HTC One® smartphone to customers for $199.99 with a two-year commitment, for the 32 GB memory variant. AT&T is the only U.S. wireless carrier at launch to also offer a version with 64 GB of memory for $299.99 with a two-year commitment.
Customers eager to reserve their HTC One will be able to pre-order at http://www.att.com/htcone on April 4 starting at 1:00 p.m. CT. Only AT&T offers a free** HTC Media Link HD wireless HDMI adaptor*** (a $90 value), which lets you wirelessly share content from your phone to your HD television.
The HTC One runs on AT&T 4G LTE, the nation’s fastest 4G LTE network.**** AT&T has the nation’s largest 4G network, covering 288 million people.
HTC One is available in black and silver and boasts a powerful 1.7 GHz quad-core processor, and zero-gap aluminum unibody with a 4.7-inch full HD (1080p) screen and HTC Sense® innovations, to re-shape your smartphone experience.
- HTC BlinkFeed™ provides customized content and real-time updates streamed live on your home screen. HTC BlinkFeed aggregates your content from a variety of media sources, serving up fresh content all in one place, without the need to jump between multiple applications and web sites.
- HTC Zoe™ mode on the HTC One lets you grab the entire moment and bring it to life in three-second snippets. Special moments can be captured in HTC Zoe highlights, and displayed in a living gallery that you can set to music and special effects. AT&T Locker helps you hold onto those memories no matter where you are. You can automatically store photos, videos and documents in the cloud, so you can access and share from your smartphone or computer.
- The HTC UltraPixel Camera with a breakthrough sensor gathers 300 percent more light than traditional smartphone camera sensors and delivers outstanding low-light performance.
- HTC BoomSound™ provides rich, clear sound with minimal distortion, as well as the authentic sound experience you expect from built-in Beats™ by Dr. Dre Audio. HTC One features dual front-facing speakers and a built-in amplifier to bring music, movies and games alive. Since the speakers are on the front of the device, you no longer have to worry about muffled sound when setting your phone down.
- HTC Sense TV™ lets you use your HTC One as an interactive TV guide and remote control. It can be set up in a few simple steps and gives you the ability to access electronic program guides and control a receiver and home theatre right from your phone’s screen.
- The HTC One features AT&T DriveMode®, an app that helps curb texting and driving. The app can be set-up to automatically send a customizable reply to incoming messages once a vehicle starts moving 25 mph. The auto-reply message is similar to an “out-of-office alert” and can reply to texts, emails and wireless callers letting your friends know that you are driving and unable to respond.*****
Setting up your new HTC One is a snap with AT&T Ready2Go, a free service that helps you to easily set up and personalize your device in minutes from the comfort of your personal computer. With Ready2Go, it’s easy to set up your email accounts, import your contacts, connect to your social networks and more.
For more information, visit http://www.att.com/htcone.
Sprint’s full press release:
Sprint to Launch the New HTC One on April 19; Pre-Order Begins April 5
New HTC One boasts a slim aluminum unibody design, amplified minimal distortion sound, HTC UltraPixel camera
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – April 2, 2013 – Sprint (NYSE: S) today announced Friday, April 19, as the availability date for the highly anticipated new HTC One®, the latest international smartphone with Truly Unlimited™ data while on the Sprint Network. HTC One reinvents the mobile experience by providing users a live stream that feeds personally relevant updates, a breakthrough camera that brings the photo gallery to life and the first dual front-facing stereo speakers on a phone with amplified audio.
HTC One will be available with 32GB of internal memory in Silver or Black in Sprint sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales, for $199.99 with a new two-year service agreement (excludes taxes and surcharges). New and existing customers can pre-order HTC One beginning Friday, April 5, at http://www.sprint.com/htcone.
HTC One is equipped with eco-friendly attributes, including Underwriters Laboratory Environment (ULE) Platinum Certification, the highest level of environmental performance recognized by sustainable requirements established by ULE and Sprint, and packaging that is 98 percent recyclable.
HTC One brings users an unprecedented smartphone experience with unique features including:
- HTC BlinkFeed™ – a bold new experience that transforms the home screen into a single live stream of personally relevant information, such as social updates, entertainment and lifestyle updates, and news and photos with immersive images so the user no longer needs separate applications to find out what’s happening. HTC BlinkFeed aggregates the newest content from relevant and interesting sources, giving it to users at a glance, all in one place, without the need to jump between multiple applications and websites.
- HTC UltraPixel Camera with HTC Zoe™ mode – a new feature bringing photos to life showing more personality and emotion than a still photo ever could. HTC Zoe mode gives users the ability to shoot high-resolution HTC Zoe highlights that come to life in three-second snippets. HTC Zoe highlights are then displayed in a unique way in the new gallery, transforming the traditional photo gallery of still images into a motion gallery of memories.
- HTC BoomSound™ – front-facing stereo speakers with a dedicated amplifier and an amazing full high-definition display that brings users closer to their music, videos, games and YouTube™. Beats Audio™ integration is enabled across the entire experience for rich, authentic sound. HDR recording uses advanced dual microphones and audio processing to capture clean, rich sound that is worthy of HD video footage.
- Additionally, HTC One boasts a 4.7-inch, full-HD 1080p display, 1.7GHz quad-core processor, international roaming capabilities and Near Field Communications (NFC).
HTC One customers can enjoy an unlimited data experience with Sprint Everything Data plans. Sprint’s Everything Data plan with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM includes unlimited Web, texting and calling to and from any mobile in America while on the Sprint Network, starting at just $79.99 per month for smartphones1 – a savings of $20 per month versus Verizon’s comparable plan with unlimited talk, text and 2GB Web.
Sprint introduced its all-new 4G LTE network in July 2012 and now offers service in 67 markets. For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE portfolio and rollout and detailed 4G LTE maps, providing coverage information right down to the address please visit http://www.sprint.com/coverage. Customers are encouraged to check back often, as the maps will be updated when coverage in these markets is enhanced.