How many phones running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich are out there? Motorola’s going to be one of the select few actually bringing a new handset to market with the latest Android operating system, and it’s taking form in the Motorola ATRIX HD exclusively launching on AT&T. The price is incredibly competitive too, ringing up at an inexpensive $99 with a two-year agreement.
The ATRIX HD features 4G LTE connectivity, a thin 8.4-millimeter profile, and it’s straight up rugged with a Kevlar case, scratch-resistant Gorilla Glass and a special coating on the inside that protects internal components from water. Motorola’s latest also packs a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, a 4.5-inch ColorBoost 720p HD display, an 8-megapixel camera, a 720p front-facing camera and Motorola’s SMARTACTIONS. Highlights from Motorola follow below.
· Slimmer & Stronger: While remarkably thin at 8.4mm, the phone doesn’t sacrifice strength in the process as it’s made with DuPont™ Kevlar® fiber, a splash guard coating that protects the outer shell and electrical circuit boards inside as well as a scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass display.
· Fast & Vibrant: Running on AT&T’s 4G LTE network, it’s equipped with a 1.5GHz dual-core processor. Simply put, you can do everything with more oomph – from checking Google+™ to switching between apps to streaming YouTube HD on its vibrant 4.5-inch 720p HD ColorBoost™ display, which is the highest resolution smartphone display on the market giving you more vibrant colors and 50 percent more pixels than the leading smartphone.
· Smarter: Motorola ATRIX HD also comes pre-loaded with SMARTACTIONS™, the free Motorola app that can help save you hours of battery life and suggests ways to automatically change your phone’s settings throughout the day or in certain situations to make your life easier. Let’s say you drive to work. With Drive Smart enabled, it will automatically set your phone to vehicle view, read your text messages aloud, auto-reply to incoming calls and texts as well as provide turn-by-turn navigation.
· Running on Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, Motorola ATRIX HD is the first phone equipped with Motorola’s Circle Widget on the homescreen, which gives you “at-a-glance” access to the time, notifications, weather, settings, battery meter and data usage info. No effort required.
· A 720p HD front-facing webcam is ideal for video chats or self portraits.
· A rear-facing 8 megapixel auto-focus camera to capture every single moment with zero shutter lag. Plus, those photos can be automatically uploaded to Google+ so you don’t have to worry about accidently deleting them.
· Captures video in 1080p HD at 30 frames per second, which means you get super smooth playback.
· Features mirror mode when connected with HDMI cable (sold separately) to view images, files and movies on a larger screen like your TV at home.
· Access to more than 600,000 apps and games on Google Play™, as well as millions of books and songs and thousands of movies and TV shows.