PopCap Games announced on Monday that it has reached an agreement with Amazon to offer Android games through Amazon’s Appstore. The first title, Chuzzle, will launch tomorrow and will be followed by the hit game Plants vs. Zombies later this month. Both titles will be free on the day of their debut, and will be available for $2.99 each thereafter. Each game will be exclusively available through Amazon’s Appstore for a two week period, after which they should also be available from the Android Market. We’ve played Plants vs Zombies on iOS a few times, and it’s definitely a game you’ll want to keep your eye out for. Plus, it’s free and there are zombies. It doesn’t get any better than that. Hit the jump for the full release from PopCap Games.
Chuzzle® Comes to the Amazon Appstore for Android Tomorrow, Followed by Plants vs. Zombies™ Later This Month for Exclusive Two-Week Offers
SEATTLE, May 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — PopCap Games, the worldwide leader in casual games, today announced that it has signed an agreement with Amazon to offer its first Android games to the U.S. market, exclusively on the Amazon Appstore for Android during two different two-week periods. As part of the agreement, Chuzzle® will be available beginning tomorrow through May 30, and will be followed by Plants vs. Zombies™ for Android during a second exclusive offer later this month. The games will be entirely FREE for the first day of their availability, after which they’ll be available for purchase and download for a list price of US$2.99 each.
“Our relationship with Amazon is pivotal to PopCap’s overall strategy in bringing a growing roster of mobile titles to the ever-widening base of smartphone users,” noted Giordano Bruno Contestabile, PopCap’s senior director of global product and business strategy for mobile. “By making these titles available on the Android platform, we’ll significantly extend the reach of our top franchises to legions of new mobile customers and gaming fans alike.”
“PopCap is a brand synonymous with great mobile games, and we’re thrilled to offer our customers Chuzzle and Plants vs. Zombies for Android exclusively through the Amazon Appstore,” stated Aaron Rubenson, category leader at Amazon.
Chuzzle for Android features great, on-the-go gameplay action, including:
- Four different modes providing infinite level configurations and virtually limitless game play:
- Classic Mode: the original Chuzzle in all its glory
- Zen Mode: stress-free, endless play without levels, locks or other constraints; the player’s progress is indicated by colorful markers that appear as higher thresholds of popped chuzzles are reached
- Mind-Bender Mode: a different sort of Chuzzle puzzle in which players slide rows and columns of chuzzles to make specified patterns
- Speed Mode: standard Chuzzle action – only faster (and harder!)
- Trophy Room: your own personal “Hall of Fame” with more than twenty different trophies to collect and admire!
- Scrambles: instantly shuffles all chuzzles on the board anytime you run out of options/moves; in the mobile version of the game, players can earn and save up to five scrambles at any given time, earning an additional scramble every 150,000 points
Dynamic Level Generation: ensures each game is different no matter how many times you play