Motorola has announced that there is a new software update available for the Verizon Wireless DROID Pro. Unfortunately the patch will not update your DROID Pro to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), but it should reduce the frequency of UI lockups, offer improved audio during calls, and the following fixes:
- Improved audio on voice calls.
- Improved stability and performance.
- User interface display now refreshes when user switches from GSM/UMTS communication to Global Mode.
- Device now prepends 011 to Country Code to send SMS messages.
- Global Mode no longer resets when connecting to a USB charger.
- Visual Voice Mail now detects airplane mode while Wi-Fi is active.
- Prompt return to full screen brightness after wake-up.
- Upgraded Bluetooth firmware.
- Improved interoperability with Microsoft Internet Application Gateway (IAG) configurations.
- Device string format for Exchange changed to include device name and version number.
- Upgrade to Google applications Release 7
For more information on the software update, hit up Verizon Wireless’ support forums located at http://www.verizonwireless.com/droidprosupport.
[Via Mobile Burn]