The nation’s fifth largest wireless provider — MetroPCS — announced the addition of Tampa, Florida to its LTE portfolio. “As we have built-out our 4G LTE service across the nation, we continue to be dedicated to making our customers’ lives easier by providing them with feature-rich smartphones that let them do more on our network,” said the company’s president, CEO and chairman Roger D. Linquist. Tampa joins Atlanta, Boston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Sacramento and San Francisco on the list of cities blanketed with MetroPCS’s LTE network. The full press release is after the break.
MetroPCS Launches 4G LTE Service in the Tampa Metropolitan Area
Experience unlimited 4G LTE mobile broadband with the world’s first commercially available 4G LTE enabled Android smartphone
DALLAS – (April 1, 2011) – MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) today expanded its 4GLTE service into the Tampa metropolitan area featuring the Samsung Galaxy IndulgeTM, the world’s first commercially available 4GLTE enabled AndroidTM smartphone with unlimited talk, text and 4GLTE web browsing. The Samsung Galaxy Indulge is available on MetroPCS 4GLTE service plans that range from $50 to $60 a month, including all applicable taxes and regulatory fees.
“As we have built-out our 4GLTE service across the nation, we continue to be dedicated to making our customers’ lives easier by providing them with feature-rich smartphones that let them do more on our network,” said Roger D. Linquist, president, CEO and chairman of MetroPCS. “The Samsung Galaxy Indulge offers the total package, allowing consumers to manage every aspect of their lives from their mobile phone, using the latest Android technology and our MetroPCS 4GLTE service.”
The Samsung Galaxy Indulge Experience
The Samsung Galaxy Indulge is available in-store or online for $299 after a $100 mail-in rebate, plus tax. Customers can take advantage of all MetroPCS 4GLTE has to offer with the Samsung Galaxy Indulge, including:
- Data access to streaming audio, video and gaming content, downloads and Android applications.
- The latest Android 2.2 technology with quick access to more than 100,000 apps on the Android MarketTM.
- A three megapixel camera and camcorder with auto-focus, music player, Stereo Bluetooth® capabilities and expandable memory storage up to 32GB.
- MetroSTUDIO, powered by RealNetworks, delivers audio content over 4GLTE and Wi-Fi, and premium video content on the $60 plan from NBC Universal, Black Entertainment Television (BET) and Univision, available on-demand from one easy-to-use application.
- A social networking and instant messaging application which harnesses notifications from friends and content from Facebook, MySpace and Twitter and AIM, MSN and Yahoo! IM clients into a single interface that’s accessible with one click.
The Samsung Galaxy Indulge is equipped with both a touchscreen and full slide-out QWERTY keyboard, making it easy to text or email in seconds. The smartphone has a 3.5″ brilliant display and seven homescreens that can be personalized to meet your news, service and entertainment needs with apps, widgets and folders. You also get full access to Google Mobile services, such as Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, GmailTM and YouTubeTM. Additionally, the Galaxy Indulge includes a 4GB microSDTM card, preloaded with the action film “IRONMAN 2,” produced by Paramount Pictures.
With today’s launch in the Tampa metropolitan area, MetroPCS’ 4GLTEservices are available in all MetroPCS’s metropolitan areas, including Atlanta, Boston, Dallas-Fort Worth, Detroit, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Sacramento and San Francisco. 4GLTE service is also available on the Samsung CraftTM, the world’s first commercially available 4GLTE smartphone that launched in 2010.