While mobile gaming fans around the world wait with baited breath for an official announcement, anxious Xperia Play hopefuls in Spain finally got the news they have been waiting for on Monday. Sony Ericsson Spain has announced availability of the highly anticipated Sony Ericsson Xperia Play beginning April 1st in the Spanish market. The gaming monster will retail for a hefty €649 (just over $900) off contract, but pricing can vary greatly between markets so those in the U.S. awaiting the Xperia Play shouldn’t read too much into that astronomical figure. Hit the break for a translation of Sony Ericsson Spain’s press release.
CLARIFICATION XPERIATM LAUNCH PLAY IN SPAIN
After several confusing news in different media on the launch and availability of the new Sony Ericsson XPERIATM PLAY in Spain, the company has decided to issue this statement in order to clarify the following points:
- The PLAY XPERIATM goes on sale in Spain from April 1 as both free operators
1) only Vodafone has exclusivity for 15 days XPERIATM PLAY in the white model
2) Both in the open market like other operators will market the product from April 1 in black
- The price of free will XPERIATM PLAY 649 euros
- Prices will be communicated with each operator in the coming weeks in joint communiques
- PLAY XPERIATM include 6 full games preloaded with access to a list of more than 50 through Android Market at the time of launch
PLAY XPERIATM provides all the functionality of a smartphone that demanding users might need, along with the gaming experience that any player could want.