Sprint has officially announced a maintenance-release software update for the Samsung Epic 4G; an update that was pseudo announced yesterday via a forum administrator. The details on the update are as follows:
9/30 – Samsung Epic Maintenance Release
- WiFi standby battery drain
- Amazon MP3 cannot download in 4G
- Large emails lag in upload speeds
- Increased 3G upload speeds
Update your software
- The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.
- A System update screen will prompt the user to ‘Install now’ or ‘Install later’.
- If ‘Install later’ is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.
- If ‘Install now’ is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is: S:D700.0.5S.DI18
- This update is available OTA (over the air) and will be pushed to your device. It is being pushed in stages, beginning on 9/30 12:00AM EST, and will be rolled out to users over several days.
- Your device must be on software version DI07 to perform the update to DI18. If you are still on DG17 or DG27, a Sprint Service and Repair Center should be able to update your device to DI07. The update from DI07 to DI18 is not yet available to the Service and Repair Centers. As soon as it is, this post will be updated.
Let us know when your Epic 4G gets the goods… and if it cures all that ails you.