Earlier this month, we told you about the Sony Ericsson Vivaz; an S60 powered smartphone that was destined for AT&T. Today, via a press release, AT&T has made the mid-level handset official. The handset will have a quad-band GSM and UMTS/HSPA radio, 8.1 megapixel camera with 720p video recording, 3,2-inch 360 x 640 TFT nHD resistive touch-screen display, Bluetooth, aGPS, micro-SD card slot, and come in Galaxy Blue and Venus Ruby. The device will be priced at $79.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate. You can tell how excited AT&T is about the S60 device by the brevity of its press release. We have said release ready for your scrutiny after the break.
Channel Your Inner Filmmaker with the New Sony Ericsson Vivaz™ Now Available Exclusively at AT&T
- AT&T* and Sony Ericsson today announced the Sony Ericsson Vivaz™
- Capture HD video1 or high resolution photos with 8.1 megapixel camera
- Available in the vibrant Galaxy Blue or for a limited time at http://www.wireless.att.com in the attractive Venus Ruby.
- Vivaz comes complete with a 3.2” nHD 16 million color touchscreen
- Exclusive for AT&T customers for $79.99, with a two-year service agreement and after a $50.00 mail in rebate, on September 5 in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online at http://www.wireless.att.com.
With Vivaz™, AT&T customers can capture spontaneous moments and memories instantly with two quick camera keys – video and photo, which lock focus on the action as soon as it starts. Pre-loaded links to YouTube™ and Picasa™ Web Albums make it easy to upload HD videos and high resolution photos for sharing with friends and even the world.
In addition to its superb imaging features, Vivaz is loaded with applications to keep customers connected to their world. Topping that list is AT&T Social Net, allowing customers to share exciting moments with friends– on Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter®– all through one simple application. Other highlights include Wi-Fi®, aGPS with AT&T Navigator®, Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology, and Vlingo® voice recognition interface for searching the Web, composing notes, and more.
- AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots – With Vivaz™ and a qualifying AT&T data plan, you have unlimited access to AT&T’s entire nationwide Wi-Fi network at no additional cost. Perfect for uploading your latest HD video masterpiece while taking a load off your feet.
- 3.2″ nHD screen – Customers can view photos and videos in vivid nHD detail.
- Multitask Effortlessly – Have multiple applications running simultaneously and easily switch between them, including the ability to multitask while uploading HD video via Wi-Fi.
“Working with Sony Ericsson to deliver a best-in-class video and camera phone on the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network gives our customers even more opportunities to express themselves through their favorite social networks,” said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “With Vivaz capturing photos and video in stunning HD and sharing it on YouTube™ or Picasa™ Web Albums is quick and easy.”
“Shooting and sharing brilliant HD content is what creativity-minded consumers want from their mobile devices right now and we are delivering it with Vivaz™,” said Paul Hamnett, senior vice president, Sony Ericsson North America. “With a host of dynamic multimedia and social networking features, and offered at a very attractive price, we are putting the power of spontaneous HD in the hands of everyone.”