Yesterday, Verizon Wireless launched its first handset from manufacturer ZTE, the Salute. The Salute is a candybar shaped vertical slider-phone with a 2.4-inch scree, 1.3 megapixel camera, Bluetooth, and is VZ Navigator capable. The feature phone will retail for $19.99 after a $50 mail-in-rebate. Let’s just hope ZTE doesn’t venture into the high-end phone market anytime soon, as a ZTE LTE handset would be a mouthful. We’ve got the full press release after the break.
Verizon Wireless Salutes ZTE’s First Handset On The Nation’s Most Reliable Network
Easy-to-Use Slider Phone Comes Packed with All the Essential Features to Stay on Schedule
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and RICHARDSON, TX — Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and ZTE USA, Inc., introduce the Verizon Wireless Salute™. Available today, the lightweight, slim slider phone offers up to 240 minutes of talk time and up to 220 hours of standby time on a single charge. It is a reliable handset with the most important features customers need in a single device, including a 1.3-megapixel camera, speakerphone and Bluetooth® headset support.
- Stylish slider design
- Large 2.4-inch screen
- 1.3-megapixel camera
- Mobile Web capable
- Messaging options include: text, picture and voice messaging; Mobile Email; Mobile Web Email; and Chat capable
- Bilingual interface: English/Español
- Micro USB 2.0 compatible
- Bluetooth® technology with support for the following Bluetooth profiles: headset, hands-free, phonebook access, and object push for vCard and vCalendar
- Media Center provides access to downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Social Beat application – offers a single point for accessing social networking sites, allowing customers to stay connected to Facebook®, Twitter™ and MySpace®, plus more than 50 news, sports and entertainment feeds
- Backup Assistant(SM) application – saves and updates a copy of the phone’s address book to a secure website
- VZ Navigator® capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
- Preloaded with Bing Search
Price and availability:
- The Salute is available today at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores for $19.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.