Today, Velocity Micro announced that their 7-inch Android 2.0 Cruz e-Reader is available for pre-order on Borders, Amazon, and at CruzReader.com. The device has an 800 x 600 screen resolution, Wi-Fi b/g, can playback video in a full 720p, built-in accelerometer, and a micro-SD card slot for expandable storage. You can pre-order your Cruz for $199 and the device will be available on September 30th. We’ve got the full press release after the break. Any takers?
Velocity Micro® Announces Pre-Order Availability for 7” Cruz Reader
Innovative Ereader immediately for sale direct from CruzReader.com and select retailers, shipping in early September
Richmond, VA – August 20, 2010 – Velocity Micro, the premier builder of premium, high performance desktop computers, notebooks, and peripherals, announces immediate presales for the captivating Cruz Reader on Borders.com, NewEgg.com, and CruzReader.com. In addition to these presale opportunities, Cruz products will also be available at most major electronics and consumer products stores nationwide starting in September.
“We’ve spent nearly one year designing and refining the Cruz Reader to make it both remarkable and affordable,” said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. “We’re excited to see that hard work coming to fruition. We know the marketplace will be as well, due to the tremendous interest and support we have received from our customers and numerous retail partners. We’ve combined the color screen and functionality of a tablet with the affordability and portability of an e-reader, which is exactly what the market is craving.”
The debut product from an affordable line-up of Android powered mobile devices, the $199.99, 7” Cruz Reader features a sleek design, touch screen display, and tons of multimedia features. At under one pound and about a half inch thick, the Cruz Reader goes everywhere you do, making it perfect for students, avid readers, frequent flyers, and techies. Additional features such as video playback and web browsing provide a much richer experience than traditional e-ink readers at a more reasonable price than a tablet.
Key specs and features include:
- Crystal clear 4:3 ratio, 800×600 full color touch screen display – ideal for viewing ebooks and magazines, plus web pages and movies
- Google Android 2.0 Operating System
- 802.11b/g wifi and full Web browser support
- 720p High res video and high quality audio playback with no proprietary content restrictions
- Built-in Dictionary, Notepad, Calendar, Alarm Clock and many other useful apps
- Built in accelerometer for easy viewing from any angle
- USB and SD card slot for upgradable storage, including 4GB SD card
- Up to 10 hours of use and over 36 hours of standby time, with a replaceable battery
- Access to over 2 Million ebooks via included Borders E-book library portal application
- Enough storage for over 1000 books
In addition to the Cruz Reader, Velocity Micro will also be releasing the more powerful 7” Android based Cruz Tablet and kid friendly Cruz StoryPad later in September. For more information or to sign up for e-newsletter updates, visit CruzReader.com.