Good news for Motorola DROID X owners as Verizon Wireless is releasing an update to the newly launched handset. The update, Version 1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US/Baseband: BP_C01.09.04P, includes the following improvements and enhancements:
- Improved battery charging status indicator.
- Smoother transition for camera and camcorder functions.
- Redesign of weather widget icons.
- Faster Exchange ActiveSync® email loading.
- Streamlined organization of newly downloaded applications.
- Organized favorite contacts by call count.
- Updated Bluetooth® connection for enhanced video sharing experience.
- Coordinated date and time across phone displays.
- Cleaner looking status bar for GPS symbol.
- Improved sync capabilities for 3G Mobile Hotspot.
- Faster Visual Voice Mail loading.
- Take advantage of the enhanced, preloaded My Verizon application.
- Preloaded Amazon Kindle® application lets you read Kindle books on your AndroidTM phone, including thousands of free books.
The OTA is slated to roll out starting the 19th and will hit handsets in stages over the following few days.