Unofficial sources are letting it be known that the Palm shareholder meeting held Friday morning ended on a positive note with the shareholders approving the buyout offer from HP. The reportedly short and sweet meeting was awash with tidbits of interesting information regarding the future of Palm and webOS which include:
- Confirmation that Rubenstein will lead the new Mobility unit which include the Palm assets and HP’s current iPaq division
- The merger is expected to close the first week of July
- Lots of excitement regarding webOS 2.0 and new devices that are under development
- Sell through is improving but current handsets are still selling slowly (Verizon reportedly ordered 1 million at launch and none for this quarter)
- AT&T’s training and launch went smoother than VZW with AT&T’s staff better prepared to sell the current crop of webOS handsets
Hopefully all of this good news will be confirmed by an official source so we can turn our eyes from theĀ financialĀ details of the merger to the exciting product outcomes that will come from HP/Palm.