Official Twitter clients are getting an awful lot of love today. This morning, Twitter relaunched and re-branded Tweetie 2 as Twitter for iPhone 3, and just a little while ago the good folks at RIM were nice enough to let us know that the revamped version of Twitter for BlackBerry is en route. The new version, which will stay in beta, has a slew of new and user-requested features, including:
- Ability to edit ReTweets
Auto Complete for @ usernames
- When you type an â@â followed by characters, the auto complete feature pops up a list of users as you type
View Geotagged Tweets
- View locations of geotagged tweets on BlackBerry Maps
Personal Info Guard
- Warning appears when sharing personal information (e.g. email address, PIN, phone number)
Hotkeys for Navigation
- New hotkey functionality has been added for lists, find people, etc.
- R reply, L reply all, Space page down, F retweet, C compose, D refresh, Alt+0 (home), alt+1 (mentions), alt+2 (lists), alt+3 (profile), alt+4 (inbox), alt+5 (find people), alt+6 (search), alt+7 (popular topics).
Go to User
- Ability to access any users profile from anywhere in the application using auto-complete functionality for followers
Additional photo viewing support
The new Twitter for BlackBerry code is set to roll out “over the course of tonight and Thursday” according to RIM’s PR team, and requirements include: a 64 MB BlackBerry smartphone, Twitter account (duh!), and OS 4.5 or higher. Who’s excited?