Just a quick little note to all of our friends with a Verizon HTC DROID ERIS, as the Android 2.1 OTA software update has begun. Being a gradual rollout, only about 1,000 people will get an on-device notification prompting them to begin the update before the night’s end. If you’re not fortunate enough to be one of those people, 9,000 more users will get the nod tomorrow. All told, Verizon is planning to push the update to all of the DROID ERIS users by the 16th of May. As always, a full changelog is available after the jump.
- Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the Gallery and Google Maps.
- New support for voice-to-text entry.
- New Leap thumbnail view lets you pinch to jump between the seven panels on your home screen.
- Additional calendar views and easier access to contacts make navigating even quicker.
- Google Maps with Navigation provides free, traffic-enhanced, turn-by-turn navigation.
- With the Enhanced Android Market, youâ€™ll enjoy a better browsing experience as well as even more applications, including Verizon Wireless content featuring self-service applications.
- Ability to log onto and access multiple Google accounts at once.
- Support for 19 Microsoft Exchange Server policies makes your phone more secure and business friendly.
- Desk Clock intelligently dims your screen and displays the current time while charging.
- Location-based cinematic full screen weather keeps you on top of changing conditions.
- Free Yahoo! Mail is now supportedâ€”simply sign in with your Yahoo! email address and password.
- Longer battery life due to power savings.
- Improved YouTube video playback.
- Better Bluetooth support, including contact transfer.
- Automatic settings for POP3 verizon.net email accounts.
- Added support for stand-alone Wi-Fi when device is in airplane mode.
- Improved handset audio when disconnecting a wired headset.
- Faster power-up time.
- Improved swipe-unlock functionality.
- Added support for Microsoft Office 2007 documents.