Good news for Motorola DEVOUR owners as Verizon is now pushing out an OTA update for the Android smartphone. First off, no, it doesn’t magically turn our Donut into a delicious Eclair. But what it (“it” being software update CALAND_X_o1.15.08P) does do is improve the overall performance and reliability of the device while stomping out a few nasty bugs. To us, that’s pretty hard to argue with. Full change log after the jump.
- Improved response time when Menu, Home, and Back keys are pressed.
- Adjustments to improve the accuracy of signal strength indicators on the display.
- Stability improvements made to browser, contacts, and V CAST Music with Rhapsody applications.
- Multiple enhancements to incoming call performance.
- Volume keys will now function within the Mobile IM application.
- Improvements made to ensure pictures are uploaded in the correct orientation.
Email and Calendar
- Improved functionality to allow users to more easily delete POP3 email accounts.
- Changed display when setting up new email accounts, prompting users to use a back slash instead of a forward slash.
- Enhanced Exchange ActiveSync Calendar agenda view to display meeting titles.
- Verizon.net email accounts will now auto-configure.
- Overall improvements to ringer, voice dialing application, and multimedia audio when using a headset.
- DEVOUR 1.15.83 includes updated versions of Google applications.