The Microsoft machine seems to be picking up some serious steam. Sparked by sales of its Windows 7 operating system, Microsoft announced very strong quarterly earnings yesterday — highlighted by revenues of $19.02 billion; a new company record. Here are some other figures from the balance sheet:
- Operating income $8.51 billion, up 43% year-over-year
- Net income $6.66 billion, up 60% year-over-year
- Diluted earnings per share $0.74, up 57% year-over-year
- Revenue of $19.02 billion includes $1.71 billion in deferred revenue from Windows upgrade program and OEM pre-sales
- Adjusted revenue $17.31 billion
- Adjusted earnings per share $0.60
Microsoft also mentioned that they have sold over 60 million Windows 7 licenses since its launch on October 27th of 2009, making Windows 7 the fastest selling operating system to date.