Sprint and LG unveiled two new feature phones for the fashionista in all of us. First up is the LG Lotus Elite, a boxy clamshell that keeps the styling and entry level status of the original Lotus with a set of specs that differs very little from its predecessor:
- 2.4 inch, 320 x 240, 262K color external display
- CDMA/1xRTT connectivity
- QWERTY keyboard
- Bluetooth with support for A2DP
- 2 megapixel Camera/Camcorder
- Music Player with External Controls
- MicroSD expansion (supporting up to 32GB)
- Distinctive tattoo design on its black or red casing
- Support for the full suite of Sprint applications including Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, Sprint Music and Sprint Radio
The red Lotus Elite will available in all Sprint retail channels starting January 10th and will retail for $99.99 with a new two year service agreement and a $50 mail-in rebate. The black Lotus Elite will be available starting Feb. 14, just in time for the “I forgot to get you something, so I grabbed this at the last minute” type of gift for your sweetheart. LG and Sprint also announced the LG Rumor Touch, a side slider whose specs and pictures are a bit more noteworthy. Additional details are after the jump.
Third in the series, the LG Rumor Touch keeps the sliding QWERTY keyboard of the Rumor 2 but sheds the front keypad, replacing it with a 3 inch WQVGA touchscreen. The Rumor Touch also bumps the camera up from 1.3 megapixels to 2 megapixels and now offers 3G EV-DO connectivity. Rounding out the handset is a 3.5mm stereo headset jack, microSD card slot that supports up to 32GB, Stereo Bluetooth, GPS, and support for the full suite of Sprint applications including Sprint Navigation, Sprint TV, Sprint Music and Sprint Mobile Email. The LG Rumor Touch will be available in Q1 2010 with pricing and exact launch date to be announced soon.