NAVIGON is bringing MobileNavigator, its popular turn-by-turn navigation solution to Windows Mobile and Android users in North America. Originally launched on the iPhone, MobileNavigator for Android and Windows Mobile utilizes your mobile phone’s on-board GPS receiver and pre-loaded maps to provide navigation when there is no cellular coverage. It’s a pretty feature rich app and it includes:
- Reality View Pro which displays photo-realistic 3D views with actual road signs and lane guidance for virtually every highway interchange and exit drivers will encounter
- Lane Assistant Pro which helps drivers prepare to make an upcoming exit or turn by providing a lane map complete with arrows and actual road geometry.
- Text-to-speech functionality which announces street names in addition to turn-by-turn directions
- Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warnings
- Day & Night Mode for map display, 2D and 3D map view, Automatic switching between portrait and landscape format
- Direct Access allows navigation to contacts saved in the phone’s address book, Intelligent address entry
- Route Planning, Branded POIs and POIs along the route
The Windows Mobile version of MobileNavigator will ship with maps of North America (US, Canada, Hawaii and Puerto Rico) from NAVTEQ and will debut next week at Pocketgear and Smartphone.net. MobileNavigator for Windows Mobile will run $69.00 until February 14, 2010, at which point the application will jump to its full retail price of $89.00. The Android version will launch in Spring 2010 at a yet-to-be-determined price.