We just got a tip that while the upgraded BlackBerry Bold OS for AT&T won’t be released until Tuesday, the feature code for Visual Voicemail for BlackBerry handsets is in the system. You know what that means, right? If you’re running a Bold OS that has the Visual Voicemail icon on it, you can call up your friendly AT&T customer service rep, ask them to add the Visual Voicemail feature to your account, and you should be good to go. We’ve confirmed this with one of our Bolds — let us know if you get it going.
Before we forget… this is a free feature for all BlackBerry Bold users.
Updated with additional information after the break.
Here are some quick features that the BlackBerry Visual Voicemail system will provide:
- Store up to 40 voicemails for up to 14 days
- Archive voicemails to device memory or on a microSD card
- Forward voicemails as an MMS to other users or an email address
- Save phone numbers in your Visual Voicemail inbox to your address book
- Setup your voicemail including greeting right from the application itself