It’s time to whip out your rosary/tallit/tasbih/whatever and start praying like you’ve never prayed before. That’s right folks, Facebook 3.0 has just been submitted to the App Store. We’re not insinuating that we believe one of Apple’s App Store approval monkeys will roll his or her icosahedral die and have it settle on “deny the app without cause just for the hell of it” (actually, we are), but we just can’t stand waiting another day for the fifteen new features Facebook 3.0 has in tow. Hit the jump for the complete change log.
- The “new” News Feed
- Events (including the ability to RSVP)
- Create new photo albums
- Upload photos to any album
- Zoom into photos
- Easier photo tagging
- Profile Pictures albums
- A new home screen for easy access to all your stuff, search, and notifications
- Add your favorite profiles and pages to the home screen
- Better Notifications (they link to the comments so you can reply)
- Quickly call or text people right from the Friends page
- Messages you are typing will be restored if you quit or are interrupted by a phone call
If you’re a bit sour that Facebook 3.0 will not feature Push Notifications (which is to debut in Facebook 3.1), just remember what dear old dad told you before you went out on your first date: beggars can’t be choosers.