Hello, Sholes. Terrible codename aside, renders of Motorola’s second Android handset have just flown in from mother Russia and as we kinda/sorta alluded to earlier, this is the one we’ve been waiting for. We can confirm that this little guy is the real deal (though it’s Moto so anything can happen) and we can also confirm that it’s a gem. Seriously. Here are the specs as reported by MOTOFAN.ru:
- Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
- Weight 169g
- Battery Li-ion 1400mAh.
- Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
- Display 3.7-inch touch-sensitive with a resolution 480×854 pixels, displays 16 million colors. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
- 16 GB Memory (FLASH / RAM): 512MB/256MB memory card microSD / microSDHC up to 16 GB
- SMS, MMS, E-Mail Messaging: SMS, MMS, E-Mail
- Complete embedded HTML browser
- Camera: 5 MP autofocus and an outbreak of
- Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR 1, Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11g)
- Supported audio formats: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM / WAV, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA
- Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H263, H264, WMV
- GPS navigation
- Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, memory card 8GB MicroSD and other literature.
We’re not going to lie people… We’re kind of excited. The production version isn’t going to be quite as sexy as the renders of course, but it’s still plenty sexy. Now, it’s a bit lacking in some areas compared to other Android handsets coming down the pipe, but the good news for Moto is that when it hits VZW — we mean, if it hits VZW — it’ll be the only game in Android town for Big Red. MOTOFAN.ru reports that the Shules should be released around October of this year. Hit the jump for more renders.