As we’re sure you’re all very well aware by now, tomorrow marks the day that the iPhone 3G S will be available to the masses. Online pre-orders will be delivered and both Apple and AT&T stores will be opening with stock in hand to sell. Those preparing to score themselves a shiny new iPhone 3G S may want to take heed of some of the information that AT&T and Apple have released regarding tomorrow’s launch however, so hit the jump for a full run down of the launch information.
Here is what you need to know if you are going to be braving the potentially wild crowds and heading out to get your new iPhone 3G S:
- The iPhone 3G S will be available tomorrow morning from all 2,200 company-owned AT&T retail locations and all 211 US Apple retail stores.
- AT&T stores will be opening at 7AM to fulfill in-store pre-orders for the iPhone 3G S. Customers who did not pre-order will be able to purchase the new iPhone at the regular retail opening on a first come, first served basis. Apple stores were expected to open at 8AM but are now reportedly opening at 7AM. Call ahead to confirm the hours just to be on the safe side.
- Shipments for online pre-orders will be delivered starting tomorrow. Sorry folks, even if your UPS facility is next door to your house, they will not be delivering your iPhone today according to the official info. Keep in mind that the initial inventory for pre-orders did sell out so if you were not Johnny on the spot and did not pre-order right away, your delivery date may be later than the 19th.
- The iPhone 3G S will be available for $199 (16GB) and $299 (32GB) for all new AT&T customers and existing AT&T customers who have fulfilled their contract. As we reported yesterday, AT&T extended this pricing to current iPhone 3G customers who purchased the iPhone 3G in July, August, or September 2008. Eligibility requirements apply.
- All other iPhone 3G owners who have not yet fulfilled their existing agreement can upgrade early to the iPhone 3G S for $399 (16GB) and $499 (32GB). Full retail purchases without a two year contract are also available. If you are not sure of your eligibility, you can check your online account, call AT&T or go to an AT&T store or text *639# from your current AT&T handset.
- Sorry folks, no multiple handset purchases. AT&T stores will only sell one iPhone 3G S per person for new customers, one iPhone 3G S per eligible line for current AT&T customers and one device per household for online shoppers.
- If you are porting a number from another carrier, remember to bring the appropriate documentation including a copy of your wireless bill from your current service provider, your account number, your name and billing address on the account, your Social Security number or tax ID and your account PIN or password.
- If you inherit an iPhone 3G from a friend or family member, you will need to visit an AT&T store to activate your phone. If you inherit an original iPhone, you can request a SIM card from AT&T and activate it at home via iTunes.
- Listen to your voice mail messages as all voice mail will be lost when switching devices.
Have fun out there tomorrow and report back in when you get your mitts on your new iPhone 3G S!