A day after launching three new devices for emerging World markets including the cheapest 3G model the company has ever offered, Nokia has announced the 6600i slide. Essentially nothing more than an update to the 6600 slide with a 5 megapixel camera, brushed metal body, smaller pant size and 3G connectivity, the 6600i could be just what the doctor ordered as summer approaches and the thought of ruining your N85 at the beach floats around in your head. Here’s what the 6600i slide has going for it spec wise:
- Dual-band WCDMA (850/2100MHz) and quad-band GSM/EDGE
- 2.2″ QVGA display
- 5 megapixel camera with auto-focus, 8x digital zoom and dual-LED flash / VGA video recording at 15fps
- Bluetooth 2.0, FM tuner, accelerometer, microUSB
- 20MB internal memory and 1GB microSD card in box
- 1100 mAh battery
- 3 / 4 hours talk time (GSM / UMTS), 14.5 days stand-by
- 93mm x 45mm x 14mm, 110g
- Available in both black and silver in Q3 for approximately 200â‚¬ ($272 USD) before subsidies and taxes.
Not bad at… Oh who are we kidding — there’s only room for one slider today.