It looks like OpenMoko might have a little surprise in store for us in 2009. Rumor has it the company will soon announce a new version of its Neo FreeRunner handset powered by Android! According to the folks over at iMAndroid, OpenMoko is close to a worldwide release of a version of the Neo FreeRunner rocking Android. Some blurry shots of an “Androided-out” Neo FreeRunner and a fresh set of specs round out this rumor. Currently available spec highlights are as follows:
- Connectivity: GSM, Bluetooth 2.0, GPRS, AGP,S WiFi, USB 1.1 slave and host, 2.5-mm audio jack
- Media: microSD, SDHC capable, Wolfson WM8753 Codec
- Operating system: Android, OpenMoko, Qtopia, Debian
- Input: touchscreen, buttons
- Power: 1200 mAh battery
- CPU: Samsung 2442 SoC @ 400 MHz
- Memory: 128 MB SDRAM and 256 MB NAND flash. Flash expandable upto 16 GB
- Display: 2.8 in. VGA (480 × 640) TFT, 282 pixels/in.
- Dimensions: 120.7 × 62 × 18.5 (mm)
Hit the jump for a few more blurry spy shots – everyone’s favorite kind of pre-release images.
[Via Android Authority]