We just got a tip about the next Google Android-powered handset for T-Mobile, yes, the G2. We’re running this as a rumor as it’s definitely not confirmed, but we’d bet on this turning out to be true as opposed to, well, you know… Here’s what our tipster had to say:
- The product specs on the T-Mobile G2 that CellPhoneSignal ran weren’t actually all that far off, just the date was completely wrong.
- The device is a full touch device and there is no physical QWERTY keyboard.
- There is still a trackball at the bottom.
- The launch was delayed from late February to April due to software issues.
- We’ve been informed this device will actually launch on another global carrier besides T-Mobile as well, though they didn’t say who, and they said that the G1, G2, G3, etc., names are trademarks of T-Mobile and the other carrier would have a different product name for the device other than G2.
- There is supposedly (oh, god) a G3 coming not that far after the G2 but our tipster didn’t see the G3.
Ah! Maybe that’s why HTC isn’t bringing a Touch HD to America… Makes sense now doesn’t it? Again, full on rumor status at the moment, but we figured we’d warm your souls with this bit of info on this cold ass night.