…and yet so far. So yesterday we told you about the HTC Touch HD and we don’t have to stress how smooth this thing looks. It’s a gem, no question. As far as the specs go, here’s what we knew yesterday:
- 480 x 800 pixel WVGA touchscreen display
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- TouchFLO 3D UI band-aid
- Qualcomm 7201A processor @ 528MHz
- 512MB ROM / 256MB RAM (+32MB on processor)
And here is what we know today:
- 115mm x 62.8mm x 12mm
- Should be on shelves in time for the holidays (!)
- Integrated GPS
- 5 Megapixel camera (!), no flash (not !)
- No D-pad or scroll wheel, does have a stylus
- microSD slot
- 1350 mAh battery
- 3.5mm headset jack on the top!
Barring a few hiccups, things just keep getting better with regards to the Touch HD. Mind you, if it maintains the “HD” in its name we can perhaps expect some special multimedia features, maybe even some that will be unique to the Touch HD. Nothing is perfect though, and we’re still not entirely happy with HTC. Considering how open Android is, why couldn’t HTC slap some TouchFLO 3D love on Google’s OS and make the Touch HD as pretty on the inside as it is on the outside? We’re not saying that Windows Mobile is ugly, mind you. We’re just saying that Android, umm, isn’t.