Sony has just let the cat out of the bag and unveiled its latest Portable Audio Player lines dubbed B-Series, E-Series and S-Series. From bottom to top Sony has focused on functionality, form and affordability with its new portable players and we can’t say it failed in any of the aforementioned categories. That said, what about storage fellas? Sony’s new players top out at 8 GB which, for many, just doesn’t cut it these days. For users willing to sacrifice storage space for versatility and style however, these puppies may be right up your alley. The high end S-Series line touts features like active noise cancellation, Sony’s SensMe Channels and up to 40 hours of playback while the low end B-Series includes FM radio and a low entry price of $45. What about the B-Series? Well, no one talks about the middle child. From the press release:
The S-series of Walkman noise canceling video MP3 players come in two different storage capacities in black:
- The NWZ-S736F has approximately 4GB of internal storage and will cost about $150.
- The NWZ-S738F has approximately 8GB of internal storage and will cost about $180.
The E-series of Walkman video MP3 players will be available in the following configurations:
- The NWZ-E436F comes in black, red, pink, blue, has approximately 4GB of internal storage and costs about $100.
- The NWZ-E438F comes in black, red, pink, has approximately 8GB of internal storage, and costs about $140.
The B-series of Walkman MP3 players come in two different capacities and four colors:
- The NWZ-B133F player has approximately 1GB of internal storage; comes in black, red and blue and will cost about $45.
- The NWZ-B135F player has approximately 2GB of internal storage; comes in black, red and pink and will cost about $60.