According to WMExperts, we should see a ROM update for the AT&T Tilt, aka HTC TyTN II, by the end of today, February 15th. The new ROM isn’t expected to include any life changing upgrades or new features, but should sport a number of bug fixes and small enhancements, including fixes for:
- Device freezing during unlock process when a password is enabled on the device.
- Pocket Outlook unresponsive when launched while on an active voice call.
- Fast Forward and Rewind not working with Bluetooth headset and the Tilt.
- DTMF tones for the slide out QWERTY keyboard not working.
- Intermittent unresponsiveness from Touch Screen (aka Start Button Issue).
- Excessive background noise while using a BT headset.
We will also be seeing a new version of Blackberry Connect. This new ROM will be version 1.62.502.0. Before you get too excited, note that this isn’t the much-anticipated Windows Mobile 6.1 upgrade, but if you’ve been plagued by any of the issues noted above, it should be a bit of a relief nonetheless.